BBQ Herby Lemon Chicken Skewers are perfect for the BBQ. They have very few ingredients and take just 30 minutes to prepare plus you can marinate them overnight if you want to get organised. If you’re not quite ready to break open the BBQ then they can also be cooked on the hob, in a grill pan.
Ingredients for BBQ Herby Lemon Chicken Skewers
Lemon juice & zest
Rosemary, Oregano, and Parsley
Salt & Pepper
Chicken – boneless chicken breasts
Method for BBQ Herby Lemon Chicken Skewers
- Make the marinade using olive oil, lemon juice, zest, crushed garlic, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Chop the chicken into bitesize chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and allow to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes. If you can marinate overnight in the fridge this does add to the flavour.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers. If you are using wooden skewers you will need to soak these before using them so that they don’t burn whilst cooking.
- Cook over the BBQ, turning regularly until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool before serving.
- Serve with a fresh green salad and sourdough bread.
If you haven’t yet purchased your BBQ then why not check out these choices below. They are perfect for outdoor entertaining and for cooking these tasty BBQ Herby Lemon Chicken Skewers.
This compact Weber BBQ from John Lewis is perfect if you’re short on space. Measuring just 57cm, it’s a great all-rounder.
If you prefer to cook on gas then this is the BBQ for you. Complete with 2 gas burners and folding side tables, perfect for any family. You will require a 5 or 13kg gas bottle to power this BBQ, easily available at most garages and DIY stores.